Novel Technologies for Food Processing
191, Rovira Roure Avenue
25198 (Lleida) – Spain
+34 973 702593
- Development of safe food products with increased quality and functionality
- Increase of competitiveness of the fruits and vegetables industry by obtaining high-value by products with less environmental impact by minimizing wastes
- Optimization of processing conditions for extended shelf life
- Food safety, quality and functionality through non-thermal processing, with a focus on fruits and vegetables.
- Edible films and coatings; nano-emulsions and nano-coatings.
- By-products characterisation and valorisation from fruits and vegetables processing.
- Small-scale food processing studies
- Evaluation of microbiological, enzymatic, physical, chemical and sensorial properties as well as health-related compounds
- Definition of the best conditions for obtaining products with specific characteristics
- Food shelf life determination through modelling of relevant phenomena
- Transference of results to the food industry
Pioneering the study and development of nonthermal food processing technologies in Europe. Internationally-recognized expertise regarding the development of strategies for the preservation of minimally processed plant-based products.
Joan Oñate Narciso
Harold A. Pájaro Escogar