• Development of safe food products with increased quality and functionality
• Increase of competitiveness of the fruits and vegetables industry by obtaining high-value by products with less environmental impact by minimizing wastes
• Optimization of processing conditions for extended shelf life
• Food safety, quality and functionality through non-thermal processing, with a focus on fruits and vegetables.
• Edible films and coatings; nano-emulsions and nano-coatings
• By-products characterisation and valorisation from fruits and vegetables processing.
• Small-scale food processing studies
• Evaluation of microbiological, enzymatic, physical, chemical and sensorial properties as well as health-related compounds
• Definition of the best conditions for obtaining products with specific characteristics
• Food shelf life determination through modelling of relevant phenomena
• Transference of results to the food industry
Pioneering the study and development of nonthermal food processing technologies in Europe. Internationally-recognized expertise regarding the development of strategies for the preservation of minimally processed plant-based products.
-Laura Salvia Trujillo
-Raquel Ibarz Martínez
-Alina Marie Manthei
-Harold Antonio Pájaro